I N V E N T I O N & I N T E R P R E T A T I O N
in 2010 I established in the Conservatory the course
Invention&Interpretation – Operational Analysis
Some titles of done works:
– L. Sclavis-F. Biancoli: Le long du temps
– A. Schönberg-F. Gennai: Schön(berg) Mond Blues, Voice, Ensemble
– D. Binney-E.Simon-Enrico Landi: Simplicity, Guitar
– E. Satie-F. Pierantoni: Gnossienne, Trbn, Guitar, Cello, Piano
– N. Paganini-N. Todesco: Ghiribizzi, Guitar
– I. Giuliani: Voices, five Voices & Beatboxing
– G. Gershwin-F. Nasone: FoggyDay, Voice, Electr.
– J. Kosma-G. Pedretti: SpringLeaves, El.Bass
– C. Corea-E. Pelliconi: Enrico’s Habanera, Piano
– J. S. Bach-Enrico Landi: Invenzione IV, Guitar
– R. Towner-E. Mini: Deep, Voice, Piano
– J. S. Bach-A. Oliva: Allemanda, Flute, Perc.
– L. Morrey-E. Ronzani: Simmetrie, Piano
– M. Stern-G. Sandrini: AfterYou, ElGuit.
– K. Dohram-M. Scucchia: BlueBossa, Piano
– M. Marmo: Egitto and Cadenza, Violin and Orch.
– G.F. Haendel-P. Marchini: L’Orlando ubriaco, Voice, Cello
– B. Marino: Angelarè, Voice, El.Guit, Accord., Violin, Cello
– M. Davis-F. Girotti: SketchesCadenza, Trpt, Piano
– D. Grohl-E. Balelli: Wheels, Voice, Fl., Vn, TSax, Piano
– R. Schumann-M.C. Cassanelli: Brano, Voices, Violin, Guit, TSax, Piano
– Biancoli-Gennai-Marangon: Alexandros Dream, Voices and Trbn.
– S. Grande: Sonar, conduction for Ensemble
– C- Monteverdi-E. Bonazzi: Regina, Voice & Electronics
– F. Martin-M. Craca: Reazioni, Flute and Piano
R E S E A R C H – C S R centro studi e ricerche
In 2014 I was appointed to found a Music Research structure at Bologna’s Conservatory: CSR-CentroStudi e Ricerche.
• The activity started on 2015 hosting the meeting ONNIVERSO, with RAMI, italian association for artistic and musical research.
• Then we realized “CAMINAR“, dedicated to the music and the life of Luigi Nono, with guests as Enzo Porta, Giancarlo Schiaffini, Maddalena Novati and Gianni Di Capua. The concerts were part of “Resistenza Illuminata”, a wide series of concerts organized by the municipality of Bologna and its Teatro Comunale as an hommage to Luigi Nono.
• Meanwhile a proper space has been dedicated to CSR at the Conservatorio G. B. Martini, Bologna. The space has been equipped with some basic furnitures and electronic devices as mixer, nearfield loudspeakers, audio interface, two desktop computers iMac 27″, storage devices and softwares.
• In 2016 CSR collaborated with AngelicaFestival and INCROCIlab, to realize Conduction e Chimiche Acustiche, as a co-production with Conservatorio G. B. Martini and “HappyBirthdayMrReich“.
• On 2017 and 2018 CSR continue the work with INCROCIlab for the project “-TN+, Incroci laboratorio TecNologico” and Centro di Ricerca Musicale San Leonardo in Bologna, working with Alvin Curran for his new composition “A BANDA LARGA” at AngelicaFestival 2018.
I N C R O C I L A B
INCROCI, “crossing”, is a laboratory I hold with colleague and Guitarist Walter Zanetti.
After a performance of IncrocioScarlatto, we started facing each year a new topic about instrumental practices as Improvvisation, Conduction, DomenicoScarlatti, Harpsichord music and Flamenco, ElectricGuitar and electroacustic repertoire, and the work is currently spreading and gathering around a wide range of instruments.
• 2015: we went through the repertoire for any instrument and electronics, also guesting a seminar and concert by/with StudioPanAroma and BIMESP, BienalInternacional de Saõ Paulo.
• 2016: INCROCIlab collaborated with CSR and AngelicaFestival, to realize Conduction e Chimiche Acustiche, as a co-production with Conservatorio G. B. Martini and “HappyBirthdayMrReich“.
• 2017: starting of the second cycle 2017-2020 named
-TN+, Incroci lab TecNologico, again with AngelicA Festival performing the new Alvin Curran’s composition “A BANDA LARGA“, Bologna 2018, and a further concert on dec.2018 at Centro di Ricerca Musicale S. Leonardo, Bologna.
Guests of INCROCI:
Silvia Rambaldi, Harpsichord
Andreina Di Girolamo, Harpsichord
Alberto Rodriguez, Flamenco Guitar
Rita Marchesini, Flamenco Dancing
Francesco Leprino, film director
DuoScarlatti, Guitars D. Sardone, N. Pignatiello
Raffaele DeLuca, musicologist
Arturo Tallini, Guitar
Rhys Chatam, Composer
Pierpaolo Scattolin, Choir director, Composer
Matteo Pennese, Composer, Trumpet, Electronics
Flo Menezes, Composer
Daniel Murrray, Guitar, Composer
Marcus Siqueira, Composer
Giorgio Magnanensi, composer
Fred Frith, Guitar, composer
Alvin Curran, composer
Antonio Mastrogiacomo, composer
A P P L I E D M U S I C
• COMPOSITION for MUSIC APPLIED to IMAGES
• COMPOSITION for VISUAL COMMUNICATION
• ANALYSIS and COMPOSITIONAL TECHNIQUES
Class on music applied in theatre: DI scena IN scena
Class on Visual semiotics
Verona – “SENZA DATA”
Every year the city of Verona celebrates the memory of Roberto Sanesi, poet and author of well-known translations from English poetry and literature. In 2015 the celebration will take place on May 7th, at Sala Farinati, focused on a series of audiovideo storyboards -composed by musicians in one of my classes of department of Applied Music– conceived as suggestions for potential theatrical events, based on a poetry (Senza Data) and painting by R.Sanesi.
T E A C H E R T R A I N I N G d e p a r t m e n t
• ELEMENTS OF COMPOSITION AND ANALYSIS
• IMPRO & CONDUCTION LABORATORY
Basic Triennium for Teacher Training. Biennium for Musical instrument Teacher Training; the course developes the matter of musical instruments teaching, with methodological studies, instrumental, pedagogical and psychological, composition, choir and direction, history and finally a third year of intensive training required to get a teaching degree.
Next: Music-Therapy Triennium and Multimedia Triennium.
• LAPTIP, laboratory of Invention and music production for training teachers, a sort of creative updating for teachers already working in primary and secondary school.
T h e s i s t U T O R I N G
Il Piano Sereno, by P. Scanabissi, Piano
The Art of Environing, by T. Fiore, Guitar
Serghej Prokofiev e il Violoncello, by S. Russo, Cello
Frankenstein You!, by M. Motola, Voice
BlackOut, by N. Todesco, Guitar-ElectricGuitar
Banda Larga, by A. Condina, Trumpet
La Voce del Corno, by G. Montanari, French Horn
Alice in Mongolfiera, by O. Alessia, Fl
Mike Stern, by G. Sandrini, JazzDep
Navigazione a vista, by F. Termini, Guitar
Un incessante rispecchiarsi del cosmo (da Gurdjieff a Stockhausen), by Y. Fabbri, Teach.TrainingDep.
Sound Experience, by G. Casmirro, Guitar
Geremia – una tragedia degenerata, by M. Ascari, AppliedMusicDep.
Il solo come un racconto, by Matteo Crotti, JazzDep.
Game Triggered, (Musica adattiva nei videogames) by Irene Cavazzoni Pederzini
Vorrai sentirlo, (Il ruolo della musica epica nei trailer) by Germain Torrealba
M A S T E R C L A S S E S a n d L E C T U R E S
1993, Venezia-Fondazione Levi: Comporre un’acustica
1998, TohoGakkuen University-Tokyo: ZONE
1998, TokyoMusicCollege: ZONE
1998, IrinoFoundation-Tokyo: Masterclass for Composers
2002, MilanoPolitecnico delle Arti: Maki Ishii, una via al Giappone, una via all’Occidente
2002: Palermo Conservatorio: ZONE-suono cercato, scritto, ascoltato, Interpretazione o Invenzione? – Lecture and Masterclass for composers
2003, Padova University-Centro d’Arte degli Studenti: In stile, in mente – OverdubOverdoubt
2005, Cremona-Facoltà di Musicologia: Inventare e insegnare utopie
2006, Växjö University, Sweden: ZONE and Masterclass
2007, Melbourne University, Australia: Masterclass ZONE and SevenStudies for Guitar
2009, Reykiavik ArtsAcademy, Iceland: JoKyoShu, isole, segni e l’illusione di controllare il tempo
2013, IrinoFoundation-Tokyo: Masterclass for Composers
2014, Würzburg, Lecture, Festival und Intensivkurs für Neue Kammermusik
2017, Parma, Masterclass, Scuola Musicale Fontevivo: TTT-Trasposizione, trascrizione, traduzione
2017, Milano, Seminary, PACTA& DesignForLife, GMDP association: Architettura dei Pensieri Musicali